Czech legal system is quite prudent about these...
Services, products and study resources
1. The complete lists of services, products and materials are listed on the website in their respective pages. These lists contain prices for each service, product or material. The prices are listed in EUR and include value added tax.
1.1.1 Sessions service are online 1-1 classes with various durations which take place exclusively via online video call platform Zoom, unless mutually agreed otherwise.
1.1.2. You will receive a password for each of your booked sessions that is to be used as access code when joining in to the session via Zoom. This code will be sent to your contact email address in a booking confirmation.
1.1.3. You have the right to book one free Trial Session which aims to establish initial contact between you and me, to understand your specific needs, to explain the way I work and to agree which of my services are relevant to you, if any. Multiple bookings of Trial Sessions will be cancelled.
1.2 Free PDF download - you may download a PDF file TOP TIPS To Learn Czech Effectively that I have created. There is no fee for downloading the file. By downloading it, you agree that I may occasionally send you informative or promotional messages to the submitted email address. You may opt-out from these by clicking on a dedicated link in the email.
1.3.1 By purchasing a course (a plan) you are purchasing the rights to access exclusive content of the course modules on the website. To access the modules, you need to be signed in to the same account which you used to purchase the course and navigate to respective course pages on the website.
1.3.2 The access to the purchased course content is unlimited.
1.4 No other services, products or materials are currently offered.
1. Identification of the owner (hereinafter just as 'I', 'me' or 'my'):
Name: Eliška Boušková
Id. No.: 01145657
2. These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter just as 'TCs') apply to the entire contents of becauseczechiscool.com (hereinafter just as 'website'), all contracts entered into by purchasing my services, products and to any correspondence between me and the user (hereinafter just as 'you' or 'your').
3. Please read these terms carefully before using this website. Using this website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you purchase any services, products or other materials from me. If you do not agree to these TCs then please do not use this website.
4. These TCs and the contractual agreement are only made in English due to the nature of my business.
Booking and contractual agreement
1. Booking is done on a dedicated booking page on my website. The list of sessions may change in time and can always be considered as is. Courses are purchased on a separate page and are considered purchase after one time payment is made. Following booking procedure does not apply to Courses.
2. You can complete the order in the following way.
2.1 Registered and signed in to your personal account using the booking page.
2.2 Unregistered or not signed in to your personal account using the booking page - this will result in the inability to manage (i.e. reschedule or cancel) the booking later.
3. After choosing the desired session from the list, you will choose any of the available time slots in the calendar. This will be your scheduled session start date.
4. Before confirming the order and moving to the payment page, you will have a chance to check and adjust your order details.
5. You will be asked to provide your payment card details to complete the payment. This information may be pre-populated should you be signed in to your personal account and have your payment card saved. The payment gate is provided and secured by Stripe, Inc. You can understand more about the security measures they take on their website https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe.
6. A session booking is confirmed only once the payment is received to my bank account. This is also the point of the contractual agreement being effective.
7. I reserve the right to cancel any booked sessions to my discretion. If done so, full refund will be made to the account that you have paid for the booking from unless you and I have agreed otherwise.
1. You can create your personal account through which you can make and manage bookings, see your scheduled and past bookings, manage your payment cards or change some of your personal information.
2. You are obliged to provide true and complete information in the registration process and keep your information in personal account up to date should they change.
3. The access to your account is secured by a username and a password or using your Facebook or Google accounts. You are obliged to keep these access information secure, not share them with any third party and log out when you stop using your personal account. I shall not take any liability caused by misuse of your personal account on the website.
4. I reserve the right to block and/or delete any personal accounts to my discretion.
Cancellation, rescheduling and no-show policy
1. Cancellation and rescheduling of a session is available only to those who have booked their session registered and signed in.
2. You may reschedule your session to your discretion. Rescheduling is free of charge and can be done at any point up to 24 hours before the session scheduled start through the booking system in your personal account. Be aware that this option will be automatically disabled 24 hours before the session scheduled start.
3. You may cancel your session to your discretion. This can be done at any point up to 24 hours before the session scheduled start. I will have a refund issued for sessions cancelled through your personal account. You are required to notify me of such cancellation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The body of the email must contain clearly identifiable information of the cancelled session(s) (i.e. your name in which the session was booked and date and time of the session).
4. As a no-show is considered if you fail to connect to our session or notify me through the session platform of your late arrival within 15 minutes of the scheduled start. No refunds will be issued for no-shows.
As a side note to the TCs - please understand that I have limited time that I can offer to my clients and that any late changes to my schedule may cause this time to get unused. Therefore I have decided to adopt this policy.
5. Courses come with a 14-Day Money-back Guarantee promotion. You can decide to cancel the rights to access the course modules and request for a refund as part of the promotion. This right can be exercised within 14 (fourteen) days from the purchase, not later. To exercise the right, you need to send me a notification of such to email@example.com. This notification must include the email address associated with the respective account and date of purchase. The refund will be made within 14 days of the notification reception to the account that was used for the purchase
1. You have the right to terminate a contract (a session) within 14 days from the booking date.
2. This right may not be exercised in the following cases:
2.1 The service has already taken place
2.2 The service is a digital content that / to which access has already been provided to you.
3. To terminate a contract, you must notify me by email within the statutory deadline of 14 days. The email subject must contain words 'Contract termination' and the body of the email a clearly identifiable information of the termination subject (e.g. in case of sessions - your name in which the session was booked and date and time of the session).
1. First, let's talk together should there be any reason for you to complain. I'm sure it was nothing intentional from my side and I will do my best to resolve it.
2. Otherwise, you and I agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to these TCs, services or the website will be settled by Czech Trade Inspection Authority (CTIA), seated at Štěpánská 567/15, 120 00 Praha 2, IČ: 000 20 869, as part of the Alternative Dispute Resolution for consumer disputes (ADR) https://www.coi.cz/en/alternative-dispute-resolution-for-consumer-disputes-adr/.
1. I am operating this website from my registered office in the Czech Republic and any claims relating to, including the use of, this website, its services, products and any materials contained herein are governed by the laws of the Czech Republic. If you do not agree, please do not use this website.
2. These TCs are issued in compliance with the Act no. 89/2012 Sb. of the Civil Code effective from February 3, 2012.
This website and all of its content, including but not limited to, all text, images, audio, video and other media are owned by me. Its copying, reproduction, distribution or any other transmission is only allowed with my prior written permission.
3. I reserve the right to modify these TCs at my discretion. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If I make material changes to this policy, I will notify you by email that it has been updated, so that you are aware of it and can get yourself familiar with the changes.
These Terms & Conditions are effective as of August 29, 2021.